It’s time to #cleartheair about marijuana.
DID YOU KNOW…
…that when cigarettes were legalized, they were advertised and promoted as having numerous health benefits? In fact, manufacturers and company owners swore in court that nicotine was safe and nonaddictive! How did they get away with it? Big tobacco companies have big money to back them up. Well guess what? They’re back…
Big Marijuana is a new face playing the same game…
It wasn’t until people got sick of the lies and dug into the truth that cigarettes got a new reputation. So that’s what we’re here to do. It’s time to get the facts.
We’ve all heard it before…
- It’s natural
- It’s not addictive
- It’s healthy
- It’s good for the economy
- It’s fun
- It’s safe
So why is it it that…
- 4 million people in the US struggle with marijuana addiction?
- Marijuana Substance Use Disorder is in the DSM 5?
- Legalization is costing Colorado 4.5x more than it’s gaining in revenue every year.
- Large production plants are hurting our environments and causing property values to drop.
There’s something they’re not telling us…
Check out these resources about the impact of marijuana on a person’s health, brain, and on the states where it has been legalized.
- National Institute of Health on Marijuana
- National Institute on Drug Abuse on Marijuana
- NIDA for Teens
- Impact of Marijuana Industry in Colorado
- Smart Approaches to Marijuana
What is Synthetic Marijuana?
Also known as: K2, Spice, Incense, Fake Weed, Yucatan Fire, Genie, Skunk, Moon Rocks, Zohai, Black Mamba
SYNTHETIC CANNABINOIDS/ HERBAL OR LIQUID INCENSE ARE HUMAN-MADE MIND-ALTERING CHEMICALS THAT ARE EITHER SPRAYED ON DRIED, SHREDDED PLANT MATERIAL SO THEY CAN BE SMOKED OR SOLD AS LIQUIDS TO BE VAPORIZED AND INHALED IN E-CIGARETTES AND OTHER DEVICES.
Why are they still being sold? False Advertising.
Synthetic products are often labeled “not for human consumption” or claim that they contain “natural” material taken from a variety of plants. Manufactures continue to change the chemical composition, so they are difficult to outlaw explicitly.
Are they Illegal in Forsyth County?
Yes! Please call the Forsyth County Sherriff’s office if you can report any place these items are being sold and used.
Learn more here: